TableUp Referral Program Terms
Published January 25, 2019
- Who is Eligible to Participate?
- Current TableUp customers who refer a restaurant to TableUp through the online referral form may be eligible to receive a one-time credit to their accounts.
- Who is Not Eligible to Participate?
- Restaurant owners, operators, and other business decision makers are not permitted to refer their own restaurants.
- Franchisors responsible for making the purchasing decision for franchisees are not eligible to receive credits for any franchisee referrals.
Subject to these Terms, for each “Qualified Referral” that meets the below criteria, you will receive the applicable Account Bonus referred to below. A “Qualified Referral” is a restaurant that:
- is referred to TableUp through the online referral form. Verbal or written referrals will not be accepted, as they are unable to be verified.
- is not an existing TableUp lead (TableUp reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the original lead source. Exceptions may be made, in TableUp’s sole discretion, if the referral has not been contacted by TableUp for at least 6 months).
- Has entered into a contract with TableUp and has been fully onboarded.
- For each Qualified Referral, an “Account Bonus” in the form of a credit will be issued to your account.
- The amount of the credit is equal to the first month’s billing for the Qualified Referral, excluding the cost associated with a Native App. The credit amount will range from $125 to $325 per location of the Referral, depending on which TableUp modules are implemented.
- The Account Bonus will be credited on the Qualified Referral’s second billing month.
- TableUp will determine, in its sole discretion, whether a referral is a Qualified Referral eligible for a referral bonus.
- TableUp reserves the right to modify these Terms or terminate the Referral Program at any time, in its sole discretion, without notice; however, we will employ commercially reasonable efforts to post a notice on the referral website.